Friday, February 26, 2010

Knitting


I received an e-mail from my knitting teacher, Theresa, letting me know that classes will start again in March. Theresa is a wonderful teacher and a wonderful woman and I enjoy taking class with her. I probably won't be able to attend class until April, but I am still looking forward to it. I realized that I had not done much knitting lately, so I pulled out a shawl that I had started late last year and started knitting again last night. I also decided I wanted to share a photo of a Christmas gift I made for my daughter. I homeschooled my daughter for 10 of her 12 years of school. One day a week (for the last couple of years) we had Tea Time. We would have tea, some sort of cookies or other snack, and then discuss literature and poetry. It was our favorite time of the week. We would snuggle up on the sofa in the living room (one of the few times the room got used) and read, drink, eat, laugh and enjoy each other's company. Two Christmases ago I gave her a teapot and 4 matching cups, in remembrance of our Tea Time. Last year I made the tea cozy for her. She is not a "skull" type person (hope that makes sense). The reason the cozy has a skull on it is because she is fascinated with the Hispanic Holiday "Dia De Los Muertos" which translates to "Day of The Dead". Families use the day, November 1st, to go to the grave sites of family and friends and clean them and celebrate their life. They will have picnics, tell stories, and place commemorative items on their graves in remembrance of those who passed. There is a great site here that talks about the holiday and the history of it.

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Pin It Now!

No comments: