Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bad Day/Funny Blogs (Long post)

Yesterday was just not the best day for me. Let me start by saying that I have a neighbor who can be nice and then be very ugly and then be nice and then negative and then ... well, maybe you get the drift of the kind of person she is. Anyway, yesterday we got into a discussion concerning her eldest daughter who will graduate with a BA this year. My neighbor is telling her that she MUST get her MA because if she doesn't stay in school she will have no insurance coverage and what if she gets cancer or some other dreadful thing happens and they, the parents, have to pay for that. I said, that since her daughter was 21, perhaps it was her decision as to whether she wants to go to school or find a job (hence getting insurance). Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that they would help her financially if she were in need, but I don't think that they should force her to stay in school if that is not what she wants. Anyway, after a few more minutes of that type of discussion, she screamed at me and told me she didn't want to argue anymore - I said, I was not arguing and she kept telling me I was, so I did the mature thing and hung up on her! Knowing my neighbor, I am sure I will never hear from her again. I know this because she has told me stories of her ending relationships for less than my sin of hanging up on her. I know that what I did wasn't very nice or grown up, but I am an adult and I don't think that another adult has the right to scream at me (unless I am living with them!). At first I was upset, but now I feel a sense of relief. Sometimes talking to her was so depressing and that was always hard on me, because I am usually a easy going, happy person.

The second bad thing: I found out that I have to have follow-up tests to the mammogram I had a week or so ago. Apparently, things have changed since the previous year's mammogram and I now have calcifications. Also, the masses that were previously there are now larger. I have read about calcifications, and in most cases they are nothing, but one always wonders. I will be happy to find out what is going on.

Anyway, in a need for cheering myself up, I am going to link two sites that crack me up. This past Christmas, my daughter gave me the book "Cake Wrecks" It is so funny! We looked at it many times and almost peed ourselves laughing so hard. Guess what, there is a Cake Wrecks website! Go there, but please relieve yourself first. I told a blogger friend about this site and she agrees that it is really funny. The second site is one I just happened upon this morning. It is called Homemade Hilarity. It shows some homemade crafts that are really kind of funny. I worry that some of my crafts might make it on this site! Anyway, I hope you enjoy them. I am off to finish painting my bedroom!

Here is a preview from Homemade Hilarity. Honestly, is she going to the prom or what???


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Cynthia
I too am SAHM who's in her fifties and homeschooled. Glad to meet you. I'll be following your blog, and praying all your test results are good.
Linda