Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thankful Tuesday

I am sitting here at 9:17 p.m., sipping on a cup of Chai Tea and thinking back on my day.

I feel very thankful today. I am thankful for my blogging friends and your kind comments. I am also thankful to Big and The Baby for always listening and understanding. I am blessed. I am very blessed.

I was up early to meet my friends Lisa and Heidi for a "sew in." We didn't get much sewing done! We did a lot of chatting and even more laughing. Heidi cooked a wonderful lunch consisting of Cordon Bleu, roasted potatoes, mixed vegetable and for desert - brownies with coffee icing.

We have decided to get together every other week and work on various projects. I am hoping to get some Christmas projects completed. I have a long, long list!

The laughter and friendship and sewing was just what I needed today. Big was at home with dinner on the stove - she did the dishes too! What more could I ask for?

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Shay said...

Sounds like you had so much fun. I wish I had some girlfriends close by I could do a regular sew in with. none of my close friends are crafty at all.

Michelle said...

I'm glad you had such a good day. :-)

Barb H said...

Sounds like a wonderful, peaceful (pieceful?) day, with many more to come.

Linda said...

Those kinds of time warm the heart. Just what you needed, it seems.
Blessings,
Linda

Lane said...

What a wonderful day!! Glad you enjoyed your sew-in. I've gotta find someone I can do that with. Lane

Cameron said...

Sounds perfect ...ahhhh.....chocolate brownies with coffee icing...

Let me dwell on those a moment more....

dandelion dreamer said...

sounds blissful!There is nothing better than being surrounded by creative friends

Shevvy said...

Sounds like lots of fun. I've only got one sewing friend and she lives the other side of London. Doesn't sound too far but with traffic it would be at least 2 hours each way!