Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Crazy Friend Lisa and Purses

My crazy friend Lisa came over yesterday and we made purses. She had called me the other day and said she would be here at 8 a.m. I understood her to say she would leave her home at 8 a.m. She lives an hour away so I figured I could get up early (7:30 a.m) have time to have some coffee, a shower and run the vacuum over the ugly black carpet in my bedroom. At 8 a.m. she called me for final directions - I was like WHAT!?!?! You are where? I was still in my jammies with my first cup of coffee in my hand. I told her, "come on woman, but you will have to be patient, I don't do much before I have at least one cup of coffee!"

We had a really good time chatting and sewing. We realized that we need to talk less when we sew, we made a few (many) mistakes and had to do a little (a lot) of ripping out. Oh well, lesson learned.

Here is my purse. I don't think it is a good picture, but you should get the idea. She embroidered my name and a little cross stitch design for me. She knows I like to do needle work! She is a sweetie and we have fun. Oh yeah, she brought me a cinnamon roll for breakfast - gotta love a girl who brings you sugar to the start the day!


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Shay said...

Looks like you had a productive day and your bag is beautiful!

If she brought you sugar to start the day she sounds like a true friend to me.

Shevvy said...

Love the bag - I need to make some more, its ages since I did one. Something else to add to the list, but more importantly all I can think of is sugary foods and have doughnuts stuck in my head. I may have to go out and get some now!