Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Big

Just as Carrie in "Sex in the City" had a Big, so do I. Big is the bread winner in the house, also my best friend and everything else. Big supervises the corrections department in a high security male Federal Prison here in WV. Big's name comes from the result of the muscles that are earned by being in the gym 4 - 5 days a week, competing in Dead-lift, Bench-Press, Strongman and a few other competitions. Big is not someone you would want to mess with. I will say that my daughter and I know another side of Big, but we are not allowed to talk about the soft side!! Needless to say, you won't see photos of Big or really hear too many stories about Big. It is necessary for the job that Big is low profile - inmates and their families search for anything to use against prison employees. We move every two to three years because of the job - if you want a promotion, you move. I grew up in a military family, so I don't really mind moving. Our plan is to stay here until "The Baby" graduates. We see our moves as a way to see parts of the US that we might not have seen any other way, we try to act as tourist when we get someplace new. I will post more later about all of the moving and where we have lived. But for now, you at least know a little about one of the members of my family!



Pin It Now!

No comments: