Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Things Got Better

Yesterday turned out to be a good day. Things got better with The Baby and her boyfriend. She will have trust issues with him, but they are going to try to work through them. He will come to visit for a few days this week and I am sure they will have some more serious discussions along with some fun. Big had a good day at work (the Warden was gone for the day), so she came home with a smile! Also, there were no late night calls from the prison regarding some stupid thing an inmate did. So all in all a good day.

I worked hard in the house and got most of it cleaned up, so today is all about me and my craftiness! I joined a pot holder swap at Pins and Needles and have met my swap partner Tina. She is working on an embroidery project called 100 Blessings. Here is her blog about it. I have seen this done before and thought it would be something I would like to do. So guess what? I have decided to join in. I figure I don't have enough projects going on at the moment, only about 50. So what is one more? I have to create a new blog for this project to follow my progress. I have decided to call it "Blessings to Grow By." Sometimes my days get so busy and there is so much stress that I forget the blessings that are in my life. I am hoping this project will remind me of some of those blessing. I would like to be more thankful every day. So, I hope you all will follow me on this adventure and for those of you who embroider or would like to embroider, I hope you join in. I will let you know when the blog is up and I get started!

Just wanted to leave you with a couple photos of a hummer at one of my feeders. This feeder is in the front flower bed and I can see it when I sit in the living room. I was lucky to catch these.




Hope your day is wonderful!

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Shevvy said...

Glad things got better. I wish you hadn't mentioned the count your blessing sampler though, I haven't time for another project! There is too much in my head already. I'll see how you get on then may join in later!

Michelle said...

So glad you've had a good day!

Yes, it's important to concentrate on the things that we are thankful for rather than to focus on the negative. Being negative can become a hobby for some people, and like you, I don't want to be one of those people!

Good luck on your new projects! I'll enjoy reading about them. :-)

shirley said...

Hi Cynthia, Thank you for your kind comments on my buttonhole cup stitch. I amazed myself how quickly the ideas came and the stitch is not a hard one.

So glad daughter and boyfriend are working things out.

Your new project sounds interesting I will certainly follow your progress when you are up and running. I am sure you will cope with it. Good luch with it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia-thank you for the offer of your dogs to cure my fly problem. That is so nice of you. But I'm afraid they'd poop, then I'd have more poop and thus more flies....it's a vicious circle. BUT thank you for reminding me to count my blessings:-) Sometimes I forget. Best to Baby and boyf.