Thursday, July 8, 2010

Helga's gift (again)

I finished Helga's gift early this morning. I took a photo and sent it to Mrs. P right away. I hope she is laughing her ass off! When I was taking a last look at the pattern this morning, I realized the creator has a blog. I went there and sure enough, there was the patter - photo and all. So here it is. Remember, do not look if you think you might be offended. I was offended and I was making it. (Marg, it was a little hard to make) This is not the kind of thing I normally make, but I did it for my cousin. Sometimes we just gotta do what we gotta do.

Yesterday was spent cleaning our garage. We have lived in this house for just over a year and there were many unpacked boxes out there. I have about half of the garage done. It is hotter than Hades here (well, maybe not that hot) and I thought working in the garage would be better than working outside. It was, but it was still hot. I don't think I will finish the job today, I think I will sew! I am feeling very crafty today.

Tomorrow I will be hangning with my friend Lisa. There is a quilt show in Bridgeport and we will attend it. We will be having lunch at Panera, which is one of my all time favorite places. I love the Cheese and Broccoli soup in a bread bowl. Delicious!!



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Omigod, that is hilarious! I'm sure from you said about Helga, she's going to love it. You're a good cousin and a good friend.

Have fun at the quilt show!

Shay said...

Confession: I DID laugh my arse off. And keep going back continually to open your picture and take yet another look. Your workmanship is very good. It looks just like the real thing :)

Helga is going to love this.