Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A gift for a friend

Today's post will be short and sweet!  I have been busy cooking, cleaning and creating.  Lane said to get to my list of Things to Do, so I am.  I will share more as the week goes on.

I decided to create a new blog, Feeding Big.  You all know Big and you know it takes a lot to feed her!  I have been enjoying linking up to cooking parties, but decided it was not really appropriate for this blog.  Hence, Feeding Big.  I hope you will stop over and see what is cooking!  I have a lot of work to do on the site and I know I will make a lot of mistakes, but I am having fun with it and know I will learn as I go.

I posted a photo of a t-shirt I made for Big's Mom not too long ago.  P. at The Way I Sew It, was very complimentary.  I asked her if she would like one and she said, "Yes!"  It is in the mail today!  I will show the entire shirt to you when I know she has received it.  Wouldn't want to ruin it for her, would we?

I really need to get better with my camera!

A couple other decisions I have made this week.  I am going to open an etsy shop.  I have been making clothing for American Girl Dolls and have a client or two, but would love to expand and sell more. 

I have also decided to get back to my quilting on a regular basis.  In order make sure I stick with it, I will be joining some quilting parties.  My hope is they will make me get in my studio and sew, sew, sew!  Let me know if you know of any great groups!

Hope you have a wonderful day!  Big is working at home today, so we are adjusting to that!  Oh yeah, she is going to Hawaii with work soon and I am hoping to tag along!  EEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!  (That is me squealing from excitement!)


Pin It Now!

6 comments:

AMW said...

Can't wait to see the whole shirt. Looks like a cute pattern. And since I love food, I'm gonna head on over and follow along at your new spot, too.

Shay said...

I wish you were going to be in Hawaii at the same time as me. It would be so good to catch up We could have some serious fun!

Wow...huge changes . An etsy shop, a new blog and lots of quilting. Cant wait to follow your adventures.

Cameron said...

Yay! So happy to hear about the Etsy store and new blog! Exciting changes are headed your way :)

When your store is up and running, please let me know....I'd love to take a peek and add you to my circle. Dolls accessories are extremely popular :)

Best wishes,
Cam

Marg said...

Yay that's great, opening an etsy shop. Sounds like it's all systems go for you and you are really enjoying your new home, quilting, embroidery, cooking and gardening, go girl!

Lane said...

Yikes! I didn't mean you had to do all of it in one day! Be well. Can't wait to read about feeding Big. Lane

Paulette said...

Eeeeeeeee!!! That is me squealing with delight about the sneak peak at the shirt. I can't wait to see the whole thing! Thank you, thank you!!

You have some exciting plans...new blog, more quilting...etsy...Hawaii. I'm happy for you!