Monday, June 4, 2012

Home Alone

No, I am not talking about the movie!  My Mother and The Baby left yesterday and Big is on a trip.  So here I sit, all alone!

I miss them all, but I don't really mind being alone.  It gives me a chance to get caught up on things that I let slide while the house was full. 

The Baby turned 21 on the 23rd of May.  Her day was spent opening presents (Big and I bought her 21 gifts), picking up vegetables from the farm, trying a new restaurant and having vegetarian lasagna (made with love by Big). 

The Baby's boyfriend drove in from West Virginia to spend the weekend with us.  Having him here was a nice gift for The Baby.

Marshall and The Baby


Saturday was spent visiting a couple local vineyards.  I never knew Virginia was known for its wines.  It was a special "grown up" gift for The Baby.  Her first legal drink!






After a tasting at Hartwood Winery

The Baby and her first legal drink

I will post more in the next day or so.  I have some more photos I want to share.  Our produce from the CSA has been fantastic.  I will show you the photos and tell you about our strawberry picking adventure!

Tomorrow I will be my first Baking With Julia post.  I am so nervous about it!  Wish me luck and come back to see what I "cooked up"!



Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Shay said...

I like the way you say her first "legal" drink.

After all that activity and social stuff at your house it’s probably nice to have the house to yourself for a little while.

Looks like the Baby had a wonderful birthday!