Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm Back

Hi all, got out of the hospital Friday afternoon. Surgery went well and now the healing process begins. It took me a couple of days to rid my body of the drugs and anesthesia. I am not a big medicine taker, so I think I feel them more. I can't stand feeling so dopey and foggy headed. Yesterday I was clear headed enough to look on the Internet a little and see what everyone was up to. Today, I feel better and will spend some time dropping by to see you all. Still a little tired and a lot sore, but that will change soon.

By the way, Dr. Rasputin smiled at me for a moment the day after my surgery. I wonder if him putting his hands inside someone makes him happy! I guess that is a surgeons dream! I had wonderful nurses, but was disappointed to find out that the hospital was nothing like TV hospitals - no Dr. McDreamy or Dr. McSteamy. This was verified by a nurse who had worked there many years. Oh well, can't have drama everywhere!

Pin It Now!


Marg said...

So glad to hear you are back, and all is well. Make sure you take it very easy for the next few weeks. I loathe anesthetic, so I am determined never to have elective surgery.

Eeew that comment about the doctor and why he could be happy and smile at you. Thank you also for not posting photos. hugs xxxx

shirley said...

Congratulations on coming through your surgery and hope you continue to recover.Pity about their being no McDreamy maybe they were a bit light on the anaesthetic...I always have the weirdest dreams after anaesthetic..
Good luck.

Linda said...

Glad to hear you're home and well. Hope it continues to go well

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Welcome back Cynthia!!!!!!!!!'

I've been hoping things with you are going well.

Dr. Rasputin smiled because he thought about the fleet of sailboats you just bought him with your op fees.

Cant wait to see you posting again. You've been missed.

AnnieO said...

Anesthesia lingers far too long. I remember my husband coming to visit me in the hospital after my gallbladder surgery and I could only keep one eye open for about 10 minutes and then was out of it. Glad you came through and are feeling well enough to joke about it :)