Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good Weekend

Yesterday ended up being a good day. I got a great package from my friend Ms. P and I went to the LQS. I really wanted to do the Shop Hop that my LQS was a part of, but decided to just visit the local store. There is another Shop Hop coming up in June and one in October also, so I will get to do a complete hop before the end of the year. I ended up getting a Moda Nature's Notebook Charm Pack. I saw an easy pattern for a table runner that I might try to whip up for my Mom for Mother's Day. Mom - if you are reading this, please forget it (I know that won't be too hard).

Today, I got serious about making hair goodies for The Baby. Here are a few photos. You have to use your imagination here - I did not have a model for the goodies, the cats and dog just won't participate (trust me - I tried). I would not model because I don't have my face on and I wasn't in the mood to put it on. So, the ornaments are laying flat on the counter. Imagine them in a young, pretty girl's head. A girl that has a bit of a flair for the dramatic.







Oh yeah, Ms. P and Marg, I understand why you Aussies are so hung up on TimTams. I had one (read two or three) while I was working on hair ornaments. I believe they gave me the inspiration I needed. Also, I have not tried the Vegemite, but I am getting my body accustomed to it. I walk by it, look at it and have even held it a few times! I think it is beginning to grow on me!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Marg said...

Cynthia, those hair goodies are beautiful, what a nice way to spend the day. Darn the cats and dogs, but they still look great. I am glad you felt well enough to get out just for a little bit. We have a Quilters Trail happening here in April, but involves way more than 5 hours driving, it would have to be done on two separate days, the shops are so far apart.
Woohoo for Tim Tams. I think you might have found the key to liking Vegemite. Two or three years of walking past it before you try it.