Sunday, February 6, 2011

This weekend

This has been a great weekend!

Big and jumped in the car early Friday morning and traveled to Parkersburg, WV. Big had an allergy appointment and we were able to pick The Baby up for the weekend. On the way home we stopped at Las Trancas Mexican Food Restaurant in Clarksburg, WV, and had a wonderful dinner. The Baby slept on the way home and as soon as we got in the house, she went to bed and slept till about 10:00 a.m. Saturday. Most of Saturday was dedicated to her studies.



She came up for air long enough to watch a movie with us and then it was back to the studies! She was able to get a lot of her work done. I love it when she comes home, even if I don't get to see her much. I feel good just knowing she is in the house.

This is what $100.00 worth of embroidery thread looks like.



Joann Fabrics had a 50% off sale on thread, so I stocked up a little!

Big finished a pastel portrait of The Baby this weekend.



This is the photo she worked from. It was taken two years ago.



I think it is really good, she is a bit critical of it. Each time she looks at it, she finds something wrong with it. I guess that is an artist for you. I wonder why we can never be happy with our work.

I am going to brag a little, so bear with me. The Baby has been invited to Alpha Lambda Delta. It is an honorary organization for freshmen with a Grade Point Average of 3.5 or above. I know she is a Sophomore already, I guess it takes a while for the invitation to arrive! I am so proud of her.

I am off to catch up on what everyone has been up to this weekend. I have to put the border on the Quilt For Kids and then it will be in the mail! I will be excited to have my first finish of the year! I am going to spend a little time working on my next weeks menu and prepare a post about my Frugal February! So far I have only spend about $50.00!

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow what a beautyful piece of art!! She is a wonderful artist and it doesn't hurt that she has such a pretty subject either. Congrats on the stock up of thread. So happy you got to see your baby and have her home.

AnnieO said...

It's always nice when your chicks are home!

Wonderful drawing--pastels are not easy to use. Big did a really good job--the perspective in the drawing is difficult!

Congrats on having a really smart Baby :)

Shay said...

Tell Big I know talent when I see it and she has talent. That pastel is really beautiful.

So is the Baby. I still cant get over what a diffrence that haircut is making ...she looks like a different person. Still completely gorgeous. And congratulations on the nomination. That's terrific news. Brag all you like!

Are you spending all your food savings on embroidery thread?

Marg said...

Congratulations to the Baby.
Big's drawing is wonderful, tell her to stop being so hard on herself, it's very good, a fabulous likeness to the photo.
Wow great stock up on thread, I wish we had discounts like that here!!!!
Great savings on Frugal Feb, way to go!

Linda said...

I can only repeat what everyone else is saying...Big's portrait of the Baby is amazing. Wonderful job. Pastels are very hard to work with, tell her to quit being so critical on herself and just enjoy the praise. You are surrounded by beautiful, smart women and it sounds like you appreciate them. Good for all of you. Great purchases!