Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow Day!!



When I went to bed last night it was raining. There was a touch of snow from the previous storm left on the ground. The temperature actually warmed up to 41 degrees yesterday! By 10:00 a.m. today, we had gone from rain to a rain/snow mix to snow. The above photo was taken at about 10:30 a.m. and it is still coming.

The news says we are in the middle of a horrible storm. Travel is already being cancelled and or delayed and folks are being advised to stay home. I, being a good citizen, stayed home! You don't have to tell me twice!

I know that all of the snow photos are beginning to look alike, but I swear, they are all current! I just heard on the news we have 8 more weeks of winter! Hmmm...living in the desert is looking really good. I wonder if Big would like to put in for a new job?

Here is what I started working on a couple days ago. It is the "Quilt for Kids" quilt I talked about. I am on the last row. I hope to get the top together by the end of the afternoon and then I hope to get it basted.



I will keep you all posted! Hope your weather is better than ours!

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Marg said...

If you have more snow you have more snow days!!!!!!!!
I am pleased to tell you our weather has improved and it hasn't rained for three days in a row, yay!!!!!!
You're speeding along with the quilt Cynthia, it's lovely and bright and cheerful.

Shay said...

The Quilt for Kids is just lovely and some "kid" is going to adore it.

I wish we had heat days here but we dont. If you're born Aussie they just expect you to go about your business when the temp is 115F!

And about your PIF post - I didnt comment because I'm still not all that confident I could make someone a gift they would love but I hope you have fun.

Lane said...

Brrrr. Get Big to move to Texas. It's warm there, unlike MN. I'm thinking I might have to put on my coat in the room. I've already got my fleece on over my shirt and am thinking about pulling out the hat. I've clicked the thermostat about every 5 minutes. But, the other side of the room is toasty warm, so I guess I need to move over there. Lane

Linda said...

Hope you are able to stay safe. I love snow and cold till the traveling it dangerous.
Linda