Friday, December 3, 2010

I have been busy

Well, I told you I was going to do some sewing today. I would have liked to accomplish more, but I got tied up doing housework! I had issues with my vacuum cleaner and it took more time to fix than I thought it would.

Anyway, here is what I accomplished.



This is a mug rug I made for a swap I am involved in. It took me longer than I thought, it was one of those projects that went wrong at every turn. I am happy with the way it turned out though. The photo doesn't do it justice.



The above photo is the apron I made for my swap partner. The pattern was a freebie from Joann Fabric. I had to make a few changes to it, but once I got going with it, it was ok. I used a gathering foot for the first time. It certainly did make the gathering easier. It took a bit of playing around with tensions and stitch length. I was able to gather and attach it to the apron at the same time. Boy, was it a time saver once I figured it out! Has anyone out there used a gathering foot before? Did you enjoy using it?




This is my pretty little puppy, Daisy. She is as worn out as I am!

Have a wonderful weekend! I will be stacking the 1 ton truck load of firewood that was delivered today! Oh yeah, did I mention we are not supposed to get above 36 degrees for a full week!

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Great projects both, Cynthia! With that pretty little Christmas tree, it's such a cheerful mug rug.

I've never used a gathering foot. Until I read your post, I didn't even know there was such a thing. The ruffle on the apron looks fantastic though. Your swap partner will be thrilled.

Shay said...

I love the mug rug. I should whip up a couple of Christmas ones! Love the ruffle on the apron.

I have 5 different feet that came with my machine. Ive bought another two since, and have never used 4 of the ones that came with the machine...My point is I have no idea what a gathering foot even looks like. Im glad you worked it out because now I can come to your for instructions if I ever need to use one !

Lane said...

Youch! Stay warm. Sew when you can. Boy, I used to hate stacking firewood, but not nearly as bad as splitting it! Lane

Dianne said...

The mug rug is a cute idea, Cynthia and I am glad I am not the only one that can do everything wrong in the process. My unpick is my best friend in the sewing room. lol. The gathering foot sounds good, must check if I have one. I am a very basic sewer, and I have never liked gathering onto stuff. It might help ease the pain. Di

Unknown said...

Love the mug rug, I want this pattern please! The appron is so cute!! I am so lucky to have you as a my sewing teacher!

Carin said...

I came to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas !