Saturday, August 18, 2012

Date Night, MIL and a Quilt in the Planning

It is late Saturday evening and my mind is beginning to get a bit fuzzy, so forgive me if this post is all over the place.

Big and I went to see a movie today. It is rare we spend that kind of money to watch a movie. The remake of Total Recall was playing and Big is a fan of the movie and a bigger fan of Jessica Biel.


Source: sawfnews.com



Big told me she wanted to take me on a "date."  I am not sure if watching a movie about people killing each other in the future is my idea of a date, but what the hell!  I don't get out much!  I didn't mind the movie and Big loved it, so all is well.

Early Monday morning, Big will be leaving for the state of Pennsylvania.  The land of the Amish.  The land of beautiful quilts and fabric that you don't have to take a second mortgage out to afford.  I wish I could go with her.  I would love to shop while she was working.

Alas, I can't go.  I have to stay here to prepare for ........ a visit from The Mother-In-Law!!!!  Need I say more?  There is a possibility the MIL will not be coming for a visit.  If that is the case, Big will not be home for two weeks.

I have been lining projects up to keep myself busy for the next couple of weeks.  Of course, you know there will be a re-do of the sewing studio.

I am also planning on making a quilt from this fabric.  I purchased two layer cakes and some backing fabric, while in Lancaster, PA a couple of years ago.   I love the colors.



I found out the book, "Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott at the library.  I am planning on using the pattern titled, "Diamonds at Large."  It will be an easy and fun quilt to put together.




I am happy to make something that will come together fast.  Perhaps I can get the top finished before the visit from the MIL. 


I am off for now.  Almost time for bed!  Hope you had a wonderful day.  Thanks for dropping by and I hope you come back!


Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Treehugger_31 said...

Beautiful fabric! I can't wait to see the quilt when it's all done! :)

I just got back from a trip to Amish country (in Ohio though). I lusted after many of the fabrics and quilts I saw there!

Cherie said...

Very interesting mix of fabrics! Hopefully she takes some pictures for you of any quilts she sees =D

Paulette said...

It seems fitting that you will be sewing with those gorgeous fabrics from another trip to PA in the past while Big is there.

I've seen the first Total Recall, but alas, since I don't have very good recall myself, it'd probably be all new to me! Glad you enjoyed it!

Lane said...

I guess we all have someone. I love it when my MIL comes. When it's my own Mom, not so much. Take care and relax. Lane

Cameron said...

I swear....after I read " a visit from the MIL" scary music...dum Dum DUM!!! filled my head...then the EEE....eeee....eeee.... from the Psycho movies.

I don't know which to wish for you....that she comes and Big, too....or that she doesn't and you have to be away from Big for 2 weeks.....

Meanwhile, though....the quilt will be beautiful! ;P

Cindy said...

Beautiful fabrics!